Sunday, July 31, 2011

Well!!!! There Came That Kitten!


You may notice I laid off the pen for a year. I've had a lot on my mind. In addition, my life has changed a lot in the past 12 months. Late last July a half grown tabby kitten (male, wouldn't you know??) showed up on the inn's patio. I saw him through the door. Remember, I had spent the last 8-9 years isolated from all cats because I have feline leukemia in my bones.

Well, there he was, lolling around, begging a meal of what could be MY food! After a bit They fed him. And after he ate for two full days..... he stayed. Grrrrr. By August he'd been to the vet, been picked up by inn guests (I NEVER let guests pick me up unless they swear on 10 Cat Bibles they Love Me!) AND they named him Michelin. Imagine, a CAT named after car tires. (He has a stripe down his back.)

So I was sharing breakfast time with HIM. He plays a lot. He's an acrobat or something. I don't remember doing much of that (except the day I went up the weeping cherry tree.....) Lucky me, he sleeps outdoors or in Judy's back-door office.

Spring rolled around. Sometime--when the weather warmed--the innkeepers started letting me go out in the party room. They heard I won't give my disease to others. Wow, that Mich blew by me like he's king of the inn. What to do: hiss and snarl, of course. I take a swing now and then.

I know you won't believe this but as spring turned to summer and summer, well, has hung around awhile, I've let Mich get closer to me. Don't tell him, but I enjoy his company. And IF you ask me, I'll just say I really like sleeping under the new patio table in the fresh air with him 1-2 feet away.

Sometime this spring the innkeepers started letting me go outdoors again. I surprised them by remembering how to use the dog door after all those years. (You can't leave a girl outdoors when it starts to rain!!) I like the warm patio; I don't especially like it cold or rainy. I don't go far and I still like kitty litter over pine straw.

It's hard to cover all the emotions I've had with all the weddings we had here this spring and summer. I've checked every one out, if at a far. While most of the guests can't catch me to pet me, let me say, dear cat lovers, I knew who you were and I loved every minute of it.

This is enough catching up. I'll just post a photo of Mich and I. You can judge our relationship for yourself. PS He's now 1 year old and still thinks a chair is a jungle gym--honestly....

No comments:

Post a Comment