Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Where ARE those birds???


All week before July 4 I ignored those big booming fireworks. DURING the show I hid in the attic. In the daytime I've been stalking those song birds I know are nesting near this bench and fluffy bush to the left (pictured, or maybe under the rose bush). Thus far I've not been successful. I sure do need a snack.

Right now I'm trying to get back out in the yard at 8 pm where the sun hits this historic building like a bullseye.

Things have worked out much better with the cat people who have visited the inn lately. I even let Liz from Philadelphia touch my tail. I think she had a great visit. I know I'm enjoying the really low humidity of late, even though temperatures have been creeping up to the high 80s late in the afternoon. I can manage it in MY fur coat!!!! :-)

This weekend the Highland Games at Grandfather Mountain will see a lot of other people wandering around in wool outfits. I can't wait to see Ron and Ann from Asheville in their tartans! There are several other interesting events this weekend if you don't want to enjoy the crowds near the mountain.

  • Jonesborough TN International Storytelling Center's Teller-in-Residence - 2 p.m. daily Tuesday - Saturday. (1 hour. 15 min.)
  • MusicFest 'n Sugar Grove (NC) with ties to Doc Watson 14 mi.
  • I think I'd go riding in the shade on the Virginia Creeper Trail (17 mi. away) or take a gentle little tube ride down a cool (even cold) mountain stream in Damascus, VA.
  • Revolutions, a play at Barter Theatre in Abingdon, VA-- As their dreams from the past collide with their present reality, long-hidden secrets emerge redefining their relationships and their perceptions of what was and what is. This is a unique and highly theatrical examination of The Big Chill generation--those folks who call themselves my masters....(40 min. away). www.bartertheatre.com

If you are coming this way, bring me some ice cream. What is better than a little taste on such a pretty patio?

No comments:

Post a Comment