Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Wedding With Lantern Light



VIEWS OF THE INN CAT [TIGER LILY] - Liz and Mike Poston got married here Saturday. It has long stuck in my craw that "the other cat" attends these affairs. So this time I showed up. Well, I went out on the patio, slept under the rose bush and rolled out on the patio for a few well placed pets. This worked out well (not kids around). What's the deal, anyway (there was no tuna involved!)
By way of details: on Friday the bride and her family and friends set up the party room and decorated the gazebo. I checked the flowers out on the sly and enjoyed some of the fall leaves and the views. The weather has been great--in the 70s with the leaf color getting more and more intense by the day. As some of you know, I was fed filet mignon and bottled water during one of my illnesses a decade ago. I am sorry to say, the wedding party went to The Peddlar in Boone and did NOT bring me any steak!!
Wedding day was pretty quiet until later in the afternoon so I enjoyed a snooze on the warm, sunny patio. The bicycle with the basket on it to hold programs was cute. I stayed out of sight when they photographed the happy couple riding the bike down the hill. Did they look at how steep that was before they started??? It all worked out. Cute photos. Local musicians known as Fidder's Grove played the music for the ceremony and the reception. Very nice. Even the Smashing Pumpkins tune was quite the thing.
I mentioned no tuna... there was, however, a seafood dish by Tributary on Main in Mountain City. That looked good, too, but by 5:30 I was tired of the attention and had retreated to the B&B kitchen to stay away from Chef Shaun's big feet!


The party went on a few more hours. I heard the talk about the sparklers. See the album on Prospect Hill B&B In's page on Facebook.... It was cool, all it up, with both ropes of light and lanterns high above my favore

No comments:

Post a Comment