Thursday, June 10, 2010

Searching in the Garden


Today I decided that chasing moths on the patio wasn't quite enough so I walked around the skirt of brick to the window end of the party room. Here I am contemplating the flower bed..... doesn't that rose bush look great? THEY need to trim it some more...The Annabelle hydrangeas are coming along as you can see behind me. I have to admit the lawn looks good. It is ready for Kendall and Kagen's wedding next weekend.
That's "smoke" on the mountain seen in the background is why other parts of the Appalachians are called the Smokys!
Today reached a whopping 78 degrees. What a summer! Before I forget: don't miss the rhododendrons on Roan Mountain. Now is the time to see them. We are only 45 minutes away (not that I drive...)
Mast General Store--a great place to shop for many interesting kitchen and home items and Yahoo in a bottle-- is celebrating its 30th anniversary this Sunday afternoon at the original store in Valle Cruces, NC. It is quite likely THEY will attend, only 23 minutes away. Personally, I plan a nap.

**THEY are the innkeepers at Prospect Hill, Judy and Robert, who call themselves my owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment